The Rivers State governor Sim Fubara has been asked to recognize the leadership of Martin Amaewhule and the twenty seven lawmakers who defected from the PDP to the APC as the properly constituted Rivers House of Assembly
Conversely, the twenty-seven lawmakers are to drop the impeachment proceedings initiated against Governor Fubara forthwith
These were part of directives given for the resolution of the political feud between former Governor Nyesom Wike and his successor Sim Fubara
The directives followed a closed door crisis meeting convened by President Bola Tinubu, Governor Fubara, FCT minister Nyesom Wike, former governor Peter Odili along with Rivers state elders and traditional rulers
The directives are as follows.
1. ALL matters instituted in the courts by the Governor ofRivers
State, Sir Fubara, and his team, in respect of the political crisis in Rivers State, shall be withdrawn IMMEDIATELY
2. ALL impeachment proceedings initiated against the Governor of Rivers State by the Rivers State House of Assembly should be dropped immediately
3. The leadership of the Rivers State House of Assembly as led by the Rt. Hon. Martin Amaewhule shall be recognized alongside the 27 members who resigned from the PDP
4. The remunerations and benefits of AL members of the Rivers State House of Assembly and their staff must be reinstated
immediately and the Governor of Rivers State shall henceforth not interfere with the full funding of the Rivers State House of
5. The Rivers State House of Assembly shall choose where they
want to sit and conduct their legislative business without interreference and/or hindrance from the Executive arm of government
6. The Governor of Rivers State, Sir Fubara, shall re-present the state budget to a properly constituted Rivers State House of Assembly.
7 The names of ALL commissioners in the Rivers State Executive
Council who resigned their appointments because of the political crisis in the state should be resubmitted to the House of Assembly for approval
8. There should NOT be a caretaker committee for the local governments in Rivers State. The dissolution of the Local Government administration is null and void and shall not be recognized
The closed-door meeting was also attended by Vice President Kashim Shettima and the Chief of Staff to the President, Femi Gbajabiamila .